Effective July 5th, 2021
In an effort to be transparent about our current covid-19 policies, here are the details of our current office re-entry protocols. This language is taken directly from the informed consent form we ask clients to sign upon returning to the office.
MCCC’s Responsibility to Minimize Your Risk
- All clinicians returning to in-person treatment have been vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entry and required for immediate use of all people entering the building.
- Air-purifiers have been added to each therapy space and will be turned on during all sessions.
- Single-use cups are available for water or coffee. Please do not reuse your cups if you get a refill.
- Clinicians will sanitize all frequently touched surfaces (seating, door handles, etc) in the therapy space between every appointment. To allow for this, your appointment will be 45 minutes instead of 50 minutes.
- MCCC staff will sanitize the restroom, entry, and coffee bar area daily.
- If your clinician notices any cold or flu-like symptoms prior to your appointment, we will inform you immediately and your appointment will be held via telehealth.
- If your clinician or a resident of their home tests positive for covid-19, we will inform your clinical immediately and resume treatment via telehealth until 2 weeks following a negative covid-19 test
Clients’ Responsibility to Minimize Your Risk
- Anyone entering into our office space must be at least two weeks past the date of receiving the covid- 19 vaccine. Unvaccinated clients must remain on telehealth. The only exceptions made will be for children under 12 who are not yet eligible for the vaccine. When clinically necessary to be in the office, unvaccinated children under 12 will be required to wear masks when in the office.
- You will wait in your car until your clinician signals readiness for your appointment. We will notify you if/when we resume use of the waiting room.
- Immediately upon entering the office, you will wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer available at the entry.
- Individuals must sanitize before and after using the coffee bar area and restrooms.
- You will not use your own cups or water bottles in the coffee bar area. You will not reuse/refill used cups. Instead please take a new cup each time you seek a refill.
- You will be mindful to keep a distance of 6 feet from your clinician and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands).
- If you are bringing your child into the office, you are responsible for ensuring that your child follows all of these sanitation and distancing protocols.
- If you travel internationally, you will resume treatment by telehealth for 2 weeks following your return to the United States.
- If you notice any cold or flu-like symptoms [cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell] prior to your appointment, you will inform your clinician immediately and your appointment will be held via telehealth. Please note our 24 hour cancellation policy remains in effect, and you will be expected to honor your appointment time, even via telehealth, unless in the case of severe sickness.
- If you or a resident of your home tests positive for covid-19, you will inform your clinical immediately and resume treatment via telehealth until 2 weeks following your or your family members’ negative covid-19 test.
These precautions are subject to change based on evolving local, state or federal guidelines. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes.
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our returning to a telehealth arrangement or possible termination of treatment.
Your Confidentiality in the Case of Infection
If you have tested positive for the coronavirus, we may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the office. If we have to report this, we will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for our visits.